Working with the moon and matching the energy of the Moon’s cyclical changes is a practice that helps me be more consciously aware of the ebb and flow of the month and stay accountable for my goals. I try to involve my family into as many of my rituals and intentions as possible and find that bringing them into a family friendly moon ritual is a great way to foster continued deep connection with them!
Below are a few ideas to starting your own Moon Rituals with your family. My best advice, keep it simple! Kids are naturally drawn to the moon’s beautiful energy. As you begin incorporating rituals listen to what your children are being pulled towards. You’re teaching them to begin to honor and listen to that intuition center within them and that, mama, is a beautiful gift!
- Play games as a family. Turn the tv off, put some fun music on and connect with each other. Play board games or dance together.
- The New Moon is a great time to manifest and set intentions. Talk about what you’d like to do before the next New Moon. What would you like to work on as a family? You can set a family intention to spend quality time together without distractions or plan a family outing together.
- Get outside! During the New Moon, the sky is the darkest. My kids love to say goodnight to the stars and moon and point out whether it is a Mommy Moon (New Moon) or a Jacob Moon (Full Moon).
- Tap into the peak creative energy abundantly available at this time! Paint, draw, and create as a family!
- Talk to your family about what they liked the best about the last month. What happened that they enjoyed? What were some of the struggles?
- Observe their Emotions. Give the kiddos, and yourself, a little grace. Their emotions and sleep patterns might be affected by the Full Moon’s energy.
- From the mouth of babes… I was charging some of my crystals on my bedroom windowsill during the Full Moon and explained to my oldest why I was lining them up and what I hoped to happen (keeping it simple, that the light would clean them and refresh them and me!) The next morning, I noticed one little Cheerio in line with my crystals. I asked Jacob if it was his and he said yes, he was charging it so it would help him be Superman.
Making sure to respect the energy shifts and adding in activities that can help us harness and embrace those feelings really helps us stay in connection with ourselves, each other, and the beautiful patterns the Moon and the Earth set for us. I think you’ll really enjoy encorporating these into your monthly routines. Comment below and let us know some of your family rituals!